Responsible for assisting with on-site custodial operations and grounds keeper. Follow routine cleaning and maintenance procedures to maintain a high standard of safety, cleanliness, and efficiency of building operations and grounds. Maintain safe and attractive grounds and landscaping for the district. Maintain athletic facilities.
Special Knowledge and Skills:
Valid Texas driver's license
Ability to understand and execute detailed written or oral instructions
Knowledge of cleaning, maintenance, and safety procedures
Ability to perform minor repairs
Ability to properly handle cleaning supplies
Effective organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Prefer experience in custodial services and grounds keeping
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Implement and maintain established cleaning schedules including emptying waste and cleaning floors, windows, furniture, equipment, and restrooms.
2. Keep school building and grounds, including sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, and play areas, neat and clean.
3. Comply with local laws and procedures for storage and disposal of trash.
Grounds and Landscaping
1. Mow and detail all district grounds, including athletic grounds
2. Follow scheduled maintenance plan to care for lawns, trees, shrubs, and flowers by watering, pruning, fertilizing, mulching, caring for beds, and controlling weeds.
3. Assist with the preparation of athletic fields for games.
4. Collect and dispose of leaves, dirt, rubbish, and refuse from district facilities.
5. Assist with the inspection, repair, and installation of sprinkler systems.
Maintenance and Repair
1. Make minor building repairs as needed.
2. Assist in setting up facilities for regular and special events and move furniture or equipment within building.
3. Assume responsibility for opening and closing building each school day. Check daily to ensure all exit doors are open and all panic bolts are working properly during hours of building occupancy. Ensure procedures for locking, checking, and safeguarding facilities are followed.
4. Inspect and adjust machines, equipment and tools for safety and efficiency. Inspect and adjust tools and equipment for safety and efficiency and perform preventive maintenance as needed.
5. Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting and climbing. Operate tools and equipment according to established safety procedures.
6. Follow district safety protocols and emergency procedures.
7. Operate tools and equipment according to prescribed safety procedures. Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting and climbing.
8. Help keep vehicle, equipment, and tools in safe operating condition.
Tools/Equipment Used: Buffer, stripper, wet and dry vacuum cleaner, shampooer, lawn mower, edger, and weed eater; small hand tools; small power tools.
Posture: Frequent standing, sitting, kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Frequent walking, climbing stairs/ladders, grasping/squeezing, wrist flexion/extension, reaching, and overhead reaching
Lifting: Heavy lifting and carrying (45 pounds and over) on a daily basis
Environment: Work outside and inside, on slippery or uneven walking surfaces; frequent exposure to extreme hot and cold temperatures, dust, toxic chemicals and materials; regularly work irregular hours; occasional prolonged hours
To apply for this position, please e-mail your resume to Mrs. Heather McCartney